Hades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPEED or POWER?

4 posters

Go down

SPEED or POWER? Empty SPEED or POWER?

Post by Feoghel Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:16 am

I usually end up with this constant debate over what's the better priority:

Is it LIGHTNING FAST ATTACKS or PURE SOLID POWER.

This could be a great topic for discussion, since it could do some help on how you will make your character better...or something like that.

OK. MY POINT FIRST.

I prefer the attack speed part rather than the use of slow but more powerful attacks. Basically, i use the fastest weapon in my class -- the sling.

It has very high base damage frequency, but lacks the maximum damage potential say, a crossbow, can deliver. Rather, it relies on rapid spitfire. Currently, i use my imposing brilliance as my main weapon. Added with a fair +5 (though I'm really trying hard to put it up to at least +8) and a level 8 ATK soul stone (+32 if I'm not mistaken). In most cases, say hitting a mob with 3-4 levels higher than my own, i deliver a damage frequency of 4K - 5K-ish. I hit criticals ranging from 10-15K without any buffsand without using my demon burst. Basically, melee-based attack mobs rarely get the chance of laying a finger on me, since they die before they even get close enough for an attack. Ranged attacks like a pestilence mouse or a vile armored rat can throw in 1-2 spits only (the damage can be really neglectable, honestly) - sometimes they also die before they get a chance to throw anything at me, since they are not as tough as melee-mobs (that's of i hit a first-hit-critical). for a better whoop-ass lightning fast attack, i use equipment that increase my attack speed to aid my sling.

I haven't experienced handling the crossbow long enough to really make an in-depth analysis on the average damage/time ratio, since i really find it distasteful using a crossbow, it's really too slow for me - too slow that i resort on relying on using my skill attacks, which also costs alot on the MP side, since i don't put stat points on INT - and it's quite boring to watch, it's like weatching my character moving in X2 slow motion - even with my attack speed enhancers. What's even more surprising for me is that the damage gap between my sling and my crossbow with the same ups and the same stones isn't that big - not big enough for me to feel the difference. Oh, the bow? It's just flashy for what i see, and it's too "playing safe" - not fast enough nor strong enough to compensate my taste, not unless it's a rank 8 weapon (a bow with the power of a crossbow and the speed of a sling). Maybe I should give it a try for some time. It's just to conventional for me - not my type.

There, that's my point of view. Cite your analyses on your job class, so everyone can have a decent share of how they do things, maybe even help to work out our own strategy weaknesses.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Feoghel
Feoghel
The Marshal
The Marshal

Male
Number of posts : 141
Location : #60 Boracay Drive, CAmella Homes 4A, Poblacion, Muntinlupa City, Manila, Philippines
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

SPEED or POWER? Empty Re: SPEED or POWER?

Post by fluer Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 am

power tlga and nid...

pero sa yu ling kow? speed....nsa aking kamay ang kaligtasan ng isang character... >V<
fluer
fluer
The Major
The Major

Female
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Feoghel Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 am

WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!!! sino?
Feoghel
Feoghel
The Marshal
The Marshal

Male
Location : #60 Boracay Drive, CAmella Homes 4A, Poblacion, Muntinlupa City, Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by ~!AD!~ Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 pm

power anu pa nga ba Cool
~!AD!~
~!AD!~
The Major
The Major

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Feoghel Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:22 pm

UU ikaw lang YL na nakita kong pagkasakit sakit pumalo.
Feoghel
Feoghel
The Marshal
The Marshal

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arshtat Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Support power! yarrrrr! Cool
Arshtat
Arshtat
The Major
The Major

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum